Outsourcing to India is still considered risky by some clients. Admittedly, it is difficult to find an all-inclusive Outsourcing to India package without experience, knowledge of the Indian market and without any networking connections on location. But is that really a reason to abandon all thought of Outsourcing to India? Definitely not. Here are a few tips on how to efficiently, affordably and successfully outsource to India.
Why Outsourcing to India?
Compared to other Outsourcing destinations, India has a number of advantages:
- India is the world’s largest Outsourcing market.
- Indian software developers receive excellent qualifications (even by global standards) thanks to the highly developed and efficient educational system funded by the state.
- Nearly all IT graduates in India speak English.
- Working as a software developer on the Outsourcing market is regarded very highly in India. The attractive prospects attract specialised experts whose motivation is high.
- You will find developers for all programming languages, even the more hard to find ones, as well as for all niche technologies among the large number of active and newly trained software developers in India.
- The competition among India software developers keeps rates low. Nevertheless, good developers can earn above-average wages in comparison to local wages, and enjoy a high standard of living.
All in all, Outsourcing to India offers huge opportunities for India, Indian software developers and for clients from around the world.
What are the risks?
The risks of Outsourcing to India can include:
- Cultural differences
Indian workplaces are much more hierarchically structured than many modern European companies. This can affect cooperation on projects.
- Mutual prejudices
Mistrust of the work ethic and the quality of work of Indian software developers, or an exaggerated preciseness and attention to detail of European software developers can lead to a self-fulfilling prophecy. Or would you like to work for someone who only assumes your self-interest or negligence?
- Different working hours
Due to the different time zones Indian software developers don’t work at exactly the same time as their European clients. However, the time difference is only 4.5 hours in winter (3.5 in summer), which means that European and Indian work times overlap at least partially.
- Different legal systems
Many people assume that differences in the legal systems between Germany and India are only be important if there is a conflict. Wrong. It can already cause problems when creating contracts prior to beginning work on the project.
How can they be solved?
Learning by doing is a common strategy when Outsourcing to India. Companies first outsource projects, gather experience and then try to avoid mistakes the next time.
It is easier and more effective to find help. Outsourcing4work is very experienced as a European company based in Germany. We work with project managers who speak German and English, work during European office hours and use German or English as the project language. We carefully maintain our network in India. We have long-term, stable relationships to Indian partners. We know the country and its people, culture and economy and the local conditions very well. And we believe our clients of the administration and coordination of international teams when Outsourcing to India.
The key to success
In summary, it can be said that Outsourcing to India can be a success story for countless clients and projects in Europe. However, a prerequisite is a self-critical assessment on the client’s side. Do they have all the necessary skills, knowledge and capacities for Outsourcing to India? If not, they need to be obtained in order to hire the necessary external developer services. It is neither difficult nor expensive. But it can be decisive for Outsourcing to India.