Tourism e-Business Company required a
Outsourcing4work was asked by an e-business company in the tourism industry for support in Zend PHP development.
The client required long-term, qualified support from an experienced Zend PHP developer. However, the scope of the work-in-progress did not justify the permanent employment of a specialist working on-site in Germany.
On the other hand, employing a freelancer would not have provided the necessary planning security and would also have been too expensive. Therefore, the requirements for Outsourcing4work were:
- A qualified and reliable Zend PHP developer for 80 hours per month.
- Despite the limited scope of work, an expectation of long-term cooperation based on mutual trust.
- Simple and clear communication with the developer along with mutual expectations and working methods.
- The running costs were not to exceed the fixed limit.
Outsourcing4work was able to meet these requirements with the following approach:
- Providing a German coordinator who was able to suggest suitable Zend PHP developers from our pool of Indian employees to the client.
- Carrying out thorough testing and several interviews, after which the client decided on the candidate best suited to his requirements.
- Processing and defining the scope of duties and the first jobs, together with the German coordinator.
- Using Kanban for process control. The central tool for project management and work organization is JIRA software.
- Using a cloud-based time recording software to document work content and progress with screenshots so the client is informed about the status of the work at all times. In addition, the working time can be invoiced to the minute.
The work process is organised as follows:
- The customer enters upcoming tasks in the JIRA Backlog.
- The Indian developer evaluates the tasks and enters estimates of the required processing times into the JIRA Board.
- If the estimated processing time for a task matches the customer’s expectations, he releases it on the JIRA board. Any differences are discussed and clarified in a meeting.
- The developer takes the respective task from JIRA Todo, processes it and hands it over to the customer after completion.
- The Indian developer handled all tasks with great results and to the full satisfaction of the client.
- The communication between the client and his developer ran smoothly and efficiently. If required, the coordinator of Outsourcing4work is available at any time as a point of contact for both sides.
- Thanks to the permanent employment of the Indian developer at our partner company in India, long-term and reliable cooperation is ensured.
- The labour costs are significantly lower than for comparable specialists in Germany.
- The customer only pays Outsourcing4work for the work of the developer as a fee. As the client’s German contract partner, Outsourcing4work bears the entire administrative and legal responsibility for the employee.
Thus, the customer receives regular, qualified support from his Zend PHP developer whom he could not employ in Germany within the given budget.