A digital agency needs
Outsourcing4work’s client was an Austria-based digital agency that develops websites, online shops, and apps for national and international brands.
The client was working on an extremely complex Magento project, which required the cooperation of highly qualified developers. Unfortunately, they could not find sufficiently experienced programmers available at short notice in the DACH region (Austria, Germany, and Switzerland).
In addition, the available budget would not have allowed such experts to be employed on a permanent basis in Austria. Therefore, the client was looking for the following support from Outsourcing4work:
- Two Magento developers were needed, with at least seven years of professional experience and the latest knowledge of complex Magento shop development.
- Both developers needed knowledge and experience in Vagrant.
- Both developers were to be permanently employed.
- Both developers had to increase the customer’s capacities long-term without affecting the client’s fixed costs or incurring other organizational or administrative expenses.
- The labour costs had to be significantly lower than Austrian or German experts with the same set of qualifications.
- Both the collaboration and the work results should correspond to the customer’s internal development teams.
Outsourcing4work was able to meet these requirements with the following approach:
- A coordinator working in Germany immediately started looking for suitable employees and interviewing them.
- Despite the complex requirements profile, Outsourcing4work managed to contact several suitable developers in India in a short time. After extensive tests, the client decided to work with two especially convincing experts.
- The international team these two developers joined coordinated all development tasks with JIRA software.
- Tasks to be worked on and problems to be solved are discussed every day in a 15-minute meeting – a daily Scrum. At the end of their working day, the developers inform the coordinator in Germany and the project manager in Austria about their work results by email. The status and content of the processed tasks are updated on the JIRA board.
- The client can follow the work of their developers in real-time via screenshots that are automatically created by cloud-based time recording software. It also enables working hours to be billed to the minute.
The team members work together as follows:
- The client lists upcoming tasks in the JIRA backlog.
- They are translated into English by the German coordinator and passed on to the developers via the JIRA Board.
- The Indian employees estimate the required processing time, choose the best approach from their point of view and enter both into the JIRA board.
- If the customer accepts the time estimates, he can approve them on the JIRA board. If there is a need for discussion, the tasks in question are discussed. Then the team sets the applicable processing time.
- Depending on their work progress, the developers take new tasks from JIRA ToDo and forward them to the German coordinator after completion.
- He checks the work results and passes them on to the customer after a successful review.
- The client benefits from rapid work progress and daily informing meetings about the results achieved.
- Thanks to the low-cost structure of the Indian market for IT experts, he can solve his development tasks within his limited budget with adequate margins and still keep his contractor satisfied.
In this way, this innovative and international team gives the client a decisive advantage, especially in the highly competitive market of product communication and e-business applications.