outsourcing4work’s client was an Austria-based digital agency that develops websites, online shops, and apps for national and international brands.
Working on an extremely complex Magento project required the cooperation of highly qualified developers. In the DACH region (Austria, Germany, and Switzerland), the customer could not find sufficiently experienced programmers available at short notice. In addition, the available budget would not have allowed such experts to be employed on a permanent basis in Austria. Therefore, the client was looking for the following support from outsourcing4work:
- Two Magento developers were needed with at least seven years of professional experience, and with the latest knowledge in the development of very complex Magento shops.
- Both developers should have knowledge about Vagrant and also be experienced in it.
- Developers should be employed permanently and increase the customer’s capacities in a long-term perspective, without affecting the customer’s fixed costs or incurring any other organizational or administrative expenses.
- Labour costs should be significantly lower than compared to Austrian or German experts that have the same set of qualifications.
- Nevertheless, both the collaboration and the work results must at least correspond to the customer’s internal development teams
outsourcing4work was able to meet these requirements with the following approach:
- A coordinator working in Germany immediately started looking for suitable employees and introducing them.
- Despite the complex requirements profile, outsourcing4work managed to contact several suitable developers in India in a short time. Afterextensive tests, the customer decided to work with two especially convincing experts.
- The international team that these two developers are now strengthening coordinates all development tasks with JIRA Software.
- Tasks to be worked on and problems to be solved are discussed every day in a 15-minute meeting, a daily Scrum. At the end of their working day, the developers inform the coordinator in Germany and the project manager in Austria about their work results by email. The status and content of the processed tasks are updated on the JIRA board.
- The customer can follow the work of his developers in real-time via screenshots that are automatically created by cloud-based time recording software. It also enables working hours to be billed to the minute.
- The team members work together as follows:
- The customer lists upcoming tasks in the JIRA backlog.
- They are translated into English by the German coordinator and passed on to the developers via the JIRA Board.
- The Indian employees estimate the required processing time, choose the best approach from their point of view and enter both into the JIRA board.
- If the customer accepts the time estimates, he can approve them in the JIRA board. If there is a need for discussion, the tasks in question are discussed. Then the team sets the applicable processing time.
- Depending on their work progress, the developers take new tasks from JIRA Todo and forward them to the German coordinator after completion.
- He checks the work results and passes them on to the customer after a successful review.
- The customer benefits from rapid work progress and daily informing meetings about the results achieved.
- Thanks to the low-cost structure in the Indian market for IT experts, he can solve his development tasks within his limited budget with adequate margins and keep his contractor completely satisfied.
In this way, this innovative and international team gives the customer a decisive advantage, especially in a highly competitive market environment in product communication and e-business applications.
Reach our goal together
As your partner, we actively support you in getting IT specialists and consultants for smooth cooperation in IT teams.
Otto-Hesse-Str. 19 (T1)
Phone: +49 6151 906 99 00